TheFilmSchool’s 10th Annual
Great American Short Screenplay Contest
Submissions accepted March 15th – May 15th, 2017
In seven (correctly formatted) pages or less, put your story on the page for a chance at a full-tuition scholarship to TheFilmSchool’s flagship program, the 3 -Week Screenwriting & Filmmaking Intensive (July 16 – August 5, 2017).
Runners Up -$500 Scholarships
El Camino Solo, a runner up, written and directed by Shawn Telford was chosen to be produced in the TFS Production Lab and went on to screen in over 15 film festivals around the world.
How to Apply:
Submit a piece of writing in script form that you would like to develop into a production ready screenplay. Scripts can be short films, webseries or television pilot.
- Write your screenplay. This is the hardest step.
- Attach your entry in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions must:
- Include “Screenplay Contest Submission” in the subject.
- Include your full name and phone number.
- Include your screenplay as an attachment, correctly formatted as a pdf document.
- Include a one paragraph synopsis of your screenplay (250 words or less)
- Your screenplay will be submitted to a jury of industry professionals
- Submit 5-7 pages of your screenplay.
- Winner and runners up will be selected from the finalists based on writing quality.
- Only one screenplay may be submitted per person.
- Entries not adhering to the submission guidelines will be ignored.
- Submit script for consideration to rajah@
- Deadline: May 15, 2017
- Your screenplay will be submitted to a jury of industry professionals for review
- Winners will be announced on May 18, 2017